Monday, March 4, 2013

March 2, 2013

I made the drive over to Morrow County this weekend for the Morrow County Fair and Oregon Trail Pro Rodeo coronation for Krysten. I'd never seen the rodeo grounds there before, but I'm already looking forward to rodeo time! One thing I'll definitely take away with me this weekend? Desert! So much desert that I don't even know if I can eat it all. Sylvia did a wonderful job cooking for the whole crowd. Her daughter Lily, the Oregon High School Rodeo Queen, kept trying to convince me to bid on the shop vac in the silent auction, but I bought a strawberry cheesecake instead :)

Krysten had a good turnout of family and friends and was smiling ear to ear as they officially gave her the crown for the year. The drive home was too long for us to leave after the coronation, so we stayed with Sylvia and her family with Lindsey, the 2013 Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo Queen, where I've never laughed so hard in my life! And I definitely haven't stayed up that late in a long time. Thank you Sylvia and Krysten for including me in your evening and congratulations Krysten, I hope to see you lots this year!

Sara Marcus
2013 Miss NPRA

No comments: