Monday, January 14, 2013

January 12, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of Tillamook Cheese? Most likely! Well I made the somewhat short drive with my Coordinator Jean to Tillamook, OR for Terri Jo's coronation as the 2013 Tillamook Rodeo Queen where the infamous cheese is made. I was fortunate to see some familiar and friendly faces such as Katie, the 2012 Tillamook Rodeo Queen, and Callie, the 2011 Tillamook Rodeo Queen, who are both good friends of mine from past years as a rodeo queen myself. Yet there was one woman who is the reason I'm here today and that is Shalaina Joiner, the 2011 Miss NPRA (and past Tillamook Rodeo Queen), whom I am more than happy to see everywhere I go.

The evening began with my advice to Katie on her invocation before dinner, which she NAILED it! I also met some more wonderful rodeo queens who helped out with the live auction. I may add that I carried a microwave around that room for a little while, what a workout! And for a perfect conclusion to the evening, Katie looked stunning as she handed the crown to this years queen T.J., and both of them had the biggest smiles! Congratulations Terri Jo, I cannot wait for "The Biggest Little Show on the Coast" this year! Sara Marcus 2013 Miss NPRA

No comments: