Monday, January 7, 2013

January 5, 2013

I can't believe it's already 2013! Since September I've been preparing for the next year ahead of me and I couldn't imagine a better way to pass the time. As my first appearance as the 2013 Miss NPRA, I headed up to St. Helens, OR for the Columbia County Fair and Rodeo coronation for Queen Savannah and Princess Savannah (I'll never forget their names!)I was honored with the opportunity to deliver the invocation before dinner, which I had never done before. Not to mention the delicious food they prepared for us!

The evening was filled with fun the whole night, especially during the auction where my mom won a wheelbarrow full of horse goodies! Is it odd that I would be more excited about winning stuff for my horse rather than myself? I think not. I also met some wonderful women who will also spend their year representing rodeos across the Northwest as we danced the night away with Glen the DJ. Congratulations Savannah and Savannah, I'm looking forward to a wonderful year! Sara Marcus 2013 Miss NPRA

No comments: