Monday, April 15, 2013

April 14, 2013

I made the extremely short trip to La Pine for Queen Alex's coronation this weekend, and had a lot of fun. Deschutes County Commissioner Tony DeBone and his family were there along with "Phatt Matt" from 102.9 who was also Alex's emcee for the evening. I was surprised at the applause when I introduced myself, but the people in La Pine have always been so welcoming and kind.

I helped with the auction and almost convinced myself to buy a set of luggage that I really didn't need...but it was just so pretty! It doesn't seem as if a year has gone by, but I watched as the 2012 La Pine Rodeo Queen Mikaela handed her title to Alex. Mikaela and I made some fantastic memories last year, but I will have some great memories with both of them this year as we travel the rodeo road ahead. Congratulations Alex! I look forward to heading back to the friendly town of La Pine 4th of July weekend for the "Biggest Little Show In Oregon!"

Sara Marcus
2013 Miss NPRA

No comments: