Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fourth of July weekend!

I made the short trip over to Prineville for the Fourth of July parade. I decided to borrow my coordinator's horse, Boots, since she's right in the area and, I must say, Boots was an awesome parade horse! As it turns out, I was also the only horse entry in the entire parade. As for the rest of the weekend, I headed down to La Pine on Friday in time for "The Biggest Little Show In Oregon" and had a lot of fun with Queen Alex pushing some difficult cows.

Early Saturday morning my Mom and I drove up to Vancouver, Washington. It turns out there was a lot more traffic on a Saturday than I'd ever thought possible. Luckily, I didn't have to drive through any major towns. Queen Brittney and I also had some difficult cows to push to the out gate. One started running back down the arena and poor Jigsaw could barely keep up. Then the announcer played "Run Forest, Run!" over the speakers and the crowd had a good laugh. All in all it was an amazing weekend to spend with the family and to spend doing my favorite thing, Rodeo!!

Until next time,
Sara Marcus
2013 Miss NPRA

No comments: